IAPWA (International Aid for the Protection & Welfare of Animals) is a UK registered charity dedicated to creating a better future for animals in need. Our first project, established in 2009, is based in Borneo, where we have a facility and team providing veterinary care and support to the regions 10,000 stray dogs. Our companion animal programmes have since developed in other Countries, including Romania, Malaysia, Nepal and Gran Canaria. Through our collaborations we have also partnered with other groups on a shared vision to end the Dog Meat Trade. Our passion for all animals has seen us expand to help other species, including Elephants, Rhinos and Lions. Wherever there is suffering, we aim to make a difference and with your support we can continue to protect and improve the welfare of animals worldwide.
Our aim, with the support of animal lovers worldwide, is to change the lives of animals in need.
With your help we have been able to establish the following projects:
- Build a facility for stray dogs in Borneo where we make a difference to the lives of thousands of dogs and cats who desperately need help
- Establish our second project to support dogs in Romania
- Assist a sanctuary in Malaysia to enrich the lives of many rescued sun bears
- Provide hundreds of animals with veterinary care following extreme flooding in Tanzania which left many needing emergency support
- Provide assistance to a neutering and rabies vaccination programme in India
- Partner on a project in the Philippines against the Dog Meat Trade
- Establish our Campaign against Canned Hunting to protect Lions
- Start plans to support a project helping companion animals in Nepal
- Launch our Rhino programme, with expansion shortly to our Elephant project
- Be awarded ‘Charity of the Year’ at the UK Ceva Animal Welfare Awards and a
British Citizen award for International Achievement